Elklan courses are an excellent way to gain the skills to understand and support children and young people experiencing speech, language and communication difficulties. The courses are accredited by apt awards and a formal qualification can be awarded on the successful completion of a portfolio.
There are courses available to speech and language practitioners, teaching staff, and parents and carers. Courses cover different age ranges and specialist areas. For example:
- Speech and Language Support for Under 5’s (aimed at nursery staff and child minders)
- Speech and Language Support for 5 – 11’s (aimed at primary teaching staff)
- Speech and Language Support for 11 – 16’s (aimed at secondary teaching staff)
- Speech and Language Support for Vulnerable Young People (aimed at those in youth offending institutions or pupil referral units)
- Let's Talk Together (aimed at parent's and carers)
Courses are typically commissioned by individual schools or organisations, or a collective group. We occasionally host our own courses onto which individuals can book.
For more information about Elklan and the courses available please visit their website.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch via our contact us page.